Chorus:
This is the old ball game
you don't want to lose your claim.
I'm about to pitch,
and if you should go and miss
I'm not gonna rest
I will put you to the test
but if you don't look and mess about
I promise that I will strike you out.
Here's your last chance, you better aim,
This is the old ball game
I threw the first as hard as I could
but you forgot to look, as you should
and like in the sand I know you wanted to run
but you let your chance go by; strike one.
I was so angry that you let the chance go past
I really din't think we were going too fast
We could have had our big heart's breakthrough
But you messed up again; strike two.
chorus
This is your last chance to hit a home run
but there you go again, partying and having fun
I can't believe you completely forgot about me,
I am done with you; and that was strike three.
chorus
I am so disappointed, I thought you were the guy
who was going to hit it way up to the sky
I thought you were perfect, you'd never make a mistake,
but now you will never get to run to first plate.
But then I remember all of the good things that you've done
before when with my heart you'd hit a home run
that beautiful night looking up at the stars
it was just us, the night was ours
and since you were so good at romance
I decided to give you one more chance
don't do it again, don't go down that route
because if you strike one more time, you're out.
chorus
No comments:
Post a Comment