Friday, January 6, 2012

I have lost my heart in London

I have realized that I have lost
something dear that I cannot find,
I must have forgotten it back there,
I must have left it behind.
Across the sea,
miles and miles away,
I journeyed to a place,
in which forever I could stay.
You can't appreciate the brilliance,
until you've come and gone,
from the beauty of the city,
to its golden dawn.
The detailed olden buildings,
which hold so much of history,
from inside so many secrets,
there is so, so much mystery.
Each day always comes brightly,
a new experience,yet again,
from the majestic Windsor castle,
to the great river Thames.
Then there is the Hampton court,
and Grenich, way up high,
then looking over the river,
is the magnificent city's eye.
And near our hotel
stands the great marble arch
plus Piccadilly street
was the place where we went to march.
It was such a fantastic trip
to go to London, British land,
and what made it even better,
was that it was with our marching band.
And on our two decker buses,
we had Cat and tour guide Heather,
who kept us all in good moods,
despite the rainy weather.
Also on the way to St. Pauls,
where you knew to be, but not when,
you could always look at the giant clock,
also known as the Big Ben.
Even though these are all,
great treasures you'll want to see,
there are so many more in London,
which is where you ought to be.
So next time that we go there,
I will need to lead the way,
for I have lost my heart in London,
Britain, the U.K.
Yet I still love my homeland,
America and USA,
and until the time comes for me to decide,
it is here that I will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment